The Tracksmith Men’s Harrier Tee is a great solution for trail running, hiking, backpacking, or indoor training sessions to prepare your body for the PCT (or any other long-distance trail you’re attempting in the near future).
The Harrier Tee quickly became an employee favorite when Tracksmith introduced it in 2014. It’s made of a lightweight merino blend that’s soft on your skin. It’s also super quick to dry when you set your pack down for a snack break.
In this review, we’re going to cover the basic features and specifications of the Tracksmith Men’s Harrier Tee. We will also discuss the best use for this comfortable piece of men’s activewear.
Related: check out Anne’s review of the Tracksmith Women’s Harrier collection.
Tracksmith Men’s Harrier Tee At-a-Glance
- MSRP: $78
- Fabric: 89% or more merino wool (fabric blend varies slightly by season and color).
- Colors: Red, Ivory, and Navy
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL (See Tracksmith’s Size Guide for more fit info)
Intended Use: Who Is This Best For?
While I did use my Harrier Tee on several short day hikes, I found that it was best suited to trail running and in-home training. The snug fit ensures that it won’t get in the way while you’re working out and helps to accent your manly features when you run past a pretty lady.
Circumstance of Review
I mainly tested the Tracksmith Harrier Tee during the summer months in the high alpine environment surrounding Truckee, California. Temperatures were mostly in the 70s and 80s with minimal rain or excessive humidity.
- Odor-Resistant: Not only will this tee help you look good when trail running, but it will keep you from smelling too bad when you get home.
- Moisture-Wicking: The Harrier tee wicks sweat away from your body so you don’t overheat on hot summer days.
- Quick-Drying: The fabric blend in this tee helps it dry fast so that you don’t stay wet and cold once you reach the summit.
- Comfort: I love the soft feel of the tee’s merino blend fabric.
- Fast-drying: It usually dried completely within 5-10 minutes of setting my pack down or finishing a run.
- A little snug: I had to be careful to wash this tee with cold water and allow it to air dry so it wouldn’t shrink!
Overall, the Tracksmith Men’s Harrier Tee is a great addition to my recreation wardrobe. I wore it every other day for the first two weeks once it arrived because it immediately became the most comfortable shirt in my closet.
Eventually, I came back to my personal preference for long sleeves for full-day hikes or backpacking trips. But I’ll definitely still be using this tee for trail running, shorter day hikes, and training for my next long-distance backpacking trip.
A Few Comparison Items
If you’re searching for other tees for comparison, we recommend checking out these options:
- Brooks Stealth Shirt – Men’s
- Arc’teryx Remige Word Shirt – Men’s
- Arc’teryx Kapta Shirt – Women’s
- Patagonia Capilene Cool Daily Shirt – Women’s
This product was donated for the purpose of review